Enjoy this curated list of recipes created In-House at the Country Smoke House! The Largest Deer Processor in the State of Mihigan and an Award Winning Gourmet & Specialty Meats Store!
Woods-N-Water Outdoor Weekend Recipe:
Country Smoke House Venison & BBQ Apple Bourbon
- Dry rubbed venison back strap with Steve’s BBQ rub, cut into 6 medallions 1/2 inch thick.
- 1 cup diced small sweet potatoes
- 1 apple diced small
- 1 quartered red onion sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 4 ounces Apple Bourbon
- 4 ounces Country Smoke House Ole Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 3 ounces smoked diced venison or bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add oil to a ten-inch sauté pan, heat the pan and oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add sweet potatoes, cook till tender, then add onions, thyme and apples.
- Let cook for a minute or two, then add venison and bacon. Cook until desired temperature for the steaks.
- Pour off excess oil, add apple bourbon, let simmer for a minute, then add BBQ sauce.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper