Enjoy this curated list of recipes created In-House at the Country Smoke House! The Largest Deer Processor in the State of Michigan and an Award Winning Gourmet & Specialty Meats Store!
CAMPCHEF PELLET SMOKER RECIPE - SMOKED PIG SHOTS:
(2 links) - Andouille Sausage
8oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese
1-2 fine chopped & seeded Jalapenos
4 chopped green onions
2T+ Steve's BBQ Rub
Toothpicks or Skewers
ole smoky BBQ for glazing
- Preheat smoker to 275* on smoke setting 5
- Combine Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheese, Jalapenos, Green Onions and 2T of Steve’s BBQ rub and mix until well blended
- Cut andouille sausage into rounds about ½ -1 inch thick
- Cut the bacon strips in half
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around a piece of andouille and secure with a toothpick. Continue until all andouille pieces are wrapped in bacon
- Stuff each sausage wrapped in bacon with a small amount of the cream cheese mixture
- Once all sausage pieces are stuffed sprinkle some more of Steve’s BBQ rub over the top
- Place assembled pig shots on smoker and allow to smoke for 30 minutes
- Once 30 minutes has passed turn your grill up to 325*, glaze the pig shots with bbq and allow to cook for another 15 minutes
- Remove pig shots from grill and let rest, they will be extremely hot!!!
Woods-N-Water Outdoor Weekend Recipe:
Country Smoke House Venison & BBQ Apple Bourbon
- Dry rubbed venison back strap with Steve’s BBQ rub, cut into 6 medallions 1/2 inch thick.
- 1 cup diced small sweet potatoes
- 1 apple diced small
- 1 quartered red onion sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 4 ounces Apple Bourbon
- 4 ounces Country Smoke House Ole Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 3 ounces smoked diced venison or bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add oil to a ten-inch sauté pan, heat the pan and oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add sweet potatoes, cook till tender, then add onions, thyme and apples.
- Let cook for a minute or two, then add venison and bacon. Cook until desired temperature for the steaks.
- Pour off excess oil, add apple bourbon, let simmer for a minute, then add BBQ sauce.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper